Friday, November 18, 2016

Cayenne pepper seeds started!


Forsyth MO - Sure, it was the 18th of November and a cold front was on the way! But, what better time than that day to start my 2017 crop of hot peppers!

I took seed harvested from this season and placed 2 seeds each into a four cell tray. The soil used was Miracle Gro potting mix which has done well for me in previous years. I was guessing that it would take about four weeks before I could expect germination. If I wasn't successful, I still had plenty of time to do that again!


Update: November 28 and I had 100% germination!

Update: Dec 2 - All the seeds germinated and showed good vigor!


 Update: Dec 13, 2016 - I transplanted the seedlings into larger quarters. They were developing first true leaves, at that point!


Update: Jan 4, 2017 - My little plants were healthy and strong!


No comments: