Sunday, January 18, 2009

Looking for a little sun

The good news. It’s mid January so we’ve got a month of winter behind us. The bad news. We’ve got at least another month to go. Record cold has made this winter seem longer than usual. Combine this with the cold state of our economy and I think we could all use a bit of warmth sometime soon.

My cold frames are clicking right along. Like me, they’ve gone into hibernation for the time being, just waiting for that magical morning when the sun comes out and temperatures warm up enough for growth to resume. For my part, I’m planning a more aggressive campaign by relocating, if only for a week or two, to warmer climes. This coming week, I will be taking a trip down to Little Rock Arkansas to check out local conditions and to do a little photo journalism. If time and conditions permit, I may even go the extra distance to New Orleans where I can warm my old bones on gulf breezes.

No comments: