Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Where is winter? Not in my cold frames!



It’s mid November and after a string of seventy degree days, the temperatures have dropped all the way down to the sixties! Wow. I can hardly believe how nice it is right at the moment! A quick excursion out to my small cold frames disclosed some very happy campers in the forms of lettuce, kale and even basil!

Now, I’m aware that it’s going to get cold at some point with even some frigid days thrown in when January hits, but all the same, it’s great to get some added food on the table this time of year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we've been enjoying lettuce and radishes from our cold frame and in a couple of weeks, it's carrots. I think the lettuce is the best at this time of year. It looks like yours are in great shape!

Anonymous said...

What's your temperature in your cold frame? Right now mine is about 36 degrees, with 22 degrees the outside temp.

Dan Owen said...

On December the 7th at 7:45 AM with an outside temperature of 23.5F, my internal cold frame temperature was 37.2F! Hoped that helped!