Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Lima beans – a costly item to purchase at the store.

Some people like Lima beans and some don't. I'm cool with that. I happen to like the taste and the fact that eating them brings a load of natural fiber with each forkful. But, at $1.25 for a small 8.5 ounce can, I've been given pause when buying them at the local grocery. What with all sorts of grocery items going up, I make the purchase only once in a long while.

So, what to do.... Well, I guess I could just grow them myself next year. Burpee Seed offers a Fordhook Lima bean that I've successfully grown before. So, that item will go into my 'bucket list' for 2015. They will be added to bell peppers and onions, both which I grew this season and which saved me quite a bit of money at the mart as I used seed from the year before.And, yes! That is an Estes rocket in the background!

No comments: