Saturday, September 19, 2009

Forsyth Missouri Harvest Moon and Car Show - Oct 3, 2009

This coming October 3rd, the Chamber of Commerce in Forsyth, Missouri will be celebrating a Harvest Moon Festival and Car show.  The event will be held in the Shadow Rock Park area proper. It will feature vendors from all over the area and includes a good old fashioned chili cook off. The cook off will be an interesting event for sure. There will be three categories of contestants; Professional, Amateur and Wacky. I think I fall into the wacky group. Not sure. My chili, should I pay the $10 entry fee, is still a work in progress. My last batch wasn’t all that good. OK, it was edible but on the sweet side of edibility. I think I will need to man-it up if I hope to walk away with a ribbon.Information concerning the event can found at the Forsyth Chambers web page. You can find a registration form and other information pertaining to the kind of chili they will accept. I don’t think CASI rules apply here, but if you have a doubt give them a call. For my entry there will definitely be some beans, a no-no in regular competition chili. I am of the group of chili lovers that believe if there are non beans, then there is no interest! 

 

I think other than the Christmas Parade; this will be the last event of the year. The weather should be agreeable, and if you are a people watcher, like me this is a great event to attend. See you there! Oh, and I do plan to get video of this event up on You Tube. Look for it at Danomanno

No comments: