Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Moringa leaves make a great powder!



I had occasion to harvest a couple of branches of leaves from one of my Moringa trees this week. After drying them under the sun for a few hours, I was amazed at how well they converted into powder form. For the process, I crumbled the leaves into a mortar and then ground it quickly into powder form. Finally, I placed the powder into a seal-able plastic container for storage until use. As you can see, there’s not much here. Still, it will be fun to experiment with and see if I can actually derive any of the rumored benefits (darker hair?) that are talked about on the internet.

Moringa trees, I am told, can grow as much as fifteen feet per year in tropical locales.  One of mine, just before I lopped off the top had made it to six feet in about four months, so maybe there's something to what I read. That the leaves are extremely nutritious there is little doubt. It is called, after all, the Miracle Tree!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see your further posts.