Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pasta y calabacin

If you wander out into the ‘net’ and enter an inquiry for ‘Calabacitas’ you will find about a dozen recipes for this popular dish out of Mexico. In English, the word calabacin means zucchini, a vegetable that forms the base of this tasty creation. Since I had some ripening on the vine, I thought I'd give this a try! It was worth it!

The main ingredients consist of the aforementioned zucchini; garlic, onion and some form of broth, be it vegetable or chicken. It’s what you can then add that will make this side all that it can be. That might include chili peppers for some zip or even green olives for an added dimension of tartness. It’s your call chef!

I made this creation today using pasta as a side and found the combo to be awesome. Next time, I’m going to try a ‘westernized’ version with some brown rice and cubed beef. Should be interesting…

1 comment:

ADHD professional said...

I love all the information that you include in your article, thanks! I like to learn new things each day!