Monday, April 7, 2008

My Vegetable Salad Analysis

Later in the growing season, say about July. There is nothing quite like harvesting a bit of lettuce along with whatever else is growing. Once these veggies are combined,  they form a leafy salad that is just chock full of nutrition. Right now, that's just a dream as there is nothing in the garden to harvest at this point in time.

The idea of a fresh salad, however, stuck in my mind and so off to the kitchen I went to throw one together from stuff bought at the local grocery. And, it was at that moment that I got the idea to make an effort to discover just what exactly I was going to eat from a nutritional standpoint. So, digital scale in one hand and veggies in the other I came up with the following. Please note that the Bacon Ranch Dressing I used is from some company called AWG that makes Best Choice products among other things. Click on the picture at right for a better look!

No comments: