Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cherry Bell Radishes

I harvested a few Cherry Bell variety radishes from my cold frame on Election Day (yes, I did vote) and thought I would document one of them for my records.

The radish pictured here weighed in at 23.5 grams and was over a foot long. The roots were about four inches in length and the plant sported a total of nine leaves. The radish itself was about one inch wide by one inch long. And yes, it was delicious!

I'm not sure why I like to grow these. Part of the reason must be the fact that from sowing to eating can be as quick as one month. The other reason, for me, is the color they add to a salad.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Cherry Bell Radishes. I'm growing them and a mix of lettuce in my cold frame (first time). I got a late start and didn't plant until three or four weeks ago, but they are doing well. They like the sunny days and cool nights and are prospering.
R