Monday, March 17, 2014

Another Onion in a Pot!

Last April 2013, I planted an onion set in a small ceramic pot just for grins. And, I was a little a little surprised when it did rather well! This year, I figured what the heck and repeated the experiment. After all, the onion plant is rather decorative and doesn't take much work to care for, just some water on occasion. It like to be outside and the cold days of early spring don't seem to bother it much, so on March 11th, I repeated the experiment. Now today, it has sprouted and is ready to be placed outside where there is snow still on the ground! I'll update this post from time to time to chronicle its progress!

Update: March 27, 2014

 My onion in a pot has been staying outdoors for the most part and has been getting plenty of southern exposure. It was 3 inches high as of this post. By March 29, it was up to 4 1/4 inches and was placed outside on a permanent basis!

Update: April 16, 2014
I've seen good solid growth over the last half a month. There were six leaves, the longest of which was 13" long!

No comments: