Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Great Microscope Experiment


For some reason that I’m sure will be made clear to me, I ordered myself a microscope from a company in California named AMScope. My reason for this bit of insanity was my desire to take a close look at some of the soil microbes in my garden. If the scope works out, to plan to buy a digital camera attachment so I can take pictures and then post them on this blog. What I did not count on, however, was all the extra stuff I needed to buy to make that happen.

It became apparent to me, after browsing a book on microscope technique, that I would have to order special glass slides called ‘well slides’ in addition to stains, cover glasses and eye droppers in order to proceed. I plan to do this as soon as my scope arrives which should be this coming Friday via UPS.  

1 comment:

thyme2garden said...

Dan, you're so hard core! Soil microbes? Wow!