Monday, March 24, 2008

You Want How Much for That Pepper?

Only recently it seems to have become me (the shopper) against (them) the grocery store. Hey, I go in for a green pepper that sold at the outrageous price of $.89 one day only to find they are at $1.29 the next. What gives with dat bro? And what’s the story with the cost of bread? It now takes more of my bread to get any bread, if you get my drift.

Well, I’ve decided that one of the ways I can fight back will be to get out and grow my own this summer. I’ve got myself a little old garden out back. It’s been tilled and prepped and is raring to go, but like most of us I have only limited resources in terms of space, time and (ahem) ability when it comes to actual production. You see, my past efforts have always been to grow stuff for the fun of it. I’ve never been in a position, like I now find myself. Now it’s serious and time for the tough to get going (Ah, I sense a new challenge coming my way).

So that’s the way it’s going to be for this growing season. I have promised myself to come up with a plan that will produce vegetables that will actually make a dent in the grocery bill. To that end, I plan to keep track and report my actual savings as time goes along. Should be fun. Stay tuned to this channel for my grand vegetable plan.

No comments: