Sunday, April 20, 2014

A garden grows in Forsyth Missouri!

Some people would say that the small town of Forsyth Missouri is but a tiny spot on the map and they'd probably be right. However, it is where I call home and I'm thankful because what the town lacks in size, it more than makes for up in a great climate. Situated down in the southwestern part of the great state of Missouri in Taney County I am most definitely in God's Country! The climate is Zone 6 pushing a 7 and so a gardener, such as myself, can get an early start planting out vegetables ever spring along about mid April!

This year, I plan to experiment with a couple of vegetables that I haven't grown before; namely Seed Savers Hot Portugal peppers and a few MarGlobe tomatoes which I'm told are heirlooms. Both of these have gotten pretty good reviews and look promising. While the peppers took right after being sown as seeds, the MarGlobe's were purchased at a local greenhouse and look ready to go out into the garden as soon as the weather settles a bit more. I'm hoping to get them out into the ground within the next week, or around the first of May. The peppers may not get transplanted until late May, however as they are still fairly small.

At any rate, this spring is shaping up to be a real keeper!

No comments: