Monday, April 28, 2014

Will early plantings survive a late April 2014 chill?

Tomatoes and more ready to go!
Here it is late April with our feet almost in the door of May and more cold weather seems in store for the few days of the month! As of this posting on the 28th, it's looking like the 29th (Tuesday) and the 30th are going to be the most problematic with overnight temperatures getting down into the upper
Broccoli
Red Bells in da ground!
thirties in some parts. Right at this time, I have some tomatoes and pepper plants in the ground, which will need to be covered. So, here I am, scrounging around for cardboard boxes, towels and such.

That said, my plantings are looking healthy as can be. I have about 15 tomato plants that still need a home in the raised beds along with 12 or so pepper plants. I went heavy on all things salad as the cost of produce has really escalated over the past couple of months.

Update: It's early May - see my short video on how everything is doing!

No comments: