Wednesday, July 7, 2010

California Wonder Peppers seem to do well in Missouri


At least down here in the southwest corner they do! Pictured here are two transplants I purchased at a local grocery store. I purchased and transplanted them on May 22nd. As of today you can see that they’ve produced some pretty handsome sized fruit. Note that the other two of the four I purchased were placed out back in my raised beds and they are not nearly as far along. This location that seems to work one of my two cold frames out front that also happen to face south. These are close to a tree that provides some shade during the hottest part of the day. Right next to these are a couple of Better Boy tomato plants that are also heavy with fruit at this time. Makes you wonder if the nightshade family does like a little bit of ‘shade’.  

No comments: