Thursday, July 1, 2010

Why I dug this hole in my front yard!

OK, so I dug a hole. You have to admit it is a pretty nice hole and gosh darn it anyway, digging holes is something that comes right natural to both men and dogs. Doesn’t it?

This particular hole now measures roughly 16 x 16 x 5 inches deep and will get 2 x 6 lumber sides. I also plan on placing a weed mat along the bottom. The combo will help prevent the crabgrass from getting in.

So why did I dig this thing? Well, I thought this would be a great location to plant an ornamental grass of some kind. Also, I want to remove some more sod in this corner and cover it with gravel. This will give me the benefit of a little landscaping while also eliminating just that much more grass that I have to mow.

Not sure what will go in here yet. Stay tuned.

No comments: